MELT is seeking an outstanding experienced Controller who will be a hands-on team member and manage the full financial and accounting responsibilities of the company. As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Controller will report to and work closely with the CEO. This will include direct responsibility for accounting, finance, forecasting, service line profitability reporting, project profitability reporting, maintaining institutional financing relationships, risk management, human resources, and information technology. In addition, s/he will partner with senior management to develop and implement strategies to be deployed across the organization. S/he must be able to adapt to a continually evolving environment and thrive in an autonomous and deadline-oriented workplace while managing, coaching and developing team members working in finance and accounting, risk management, human resources, and information technology.
- Oversee cash management and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Provide insightful information (not just data) throughout the organization to empower the employees to make better business decisions.
Financial Planning and Policy:
- Lead financial planning, forecasting and budgeting processes in coordination with senior management.
- Provide strategic financial leadership in the development and execution of business initiatives: i.e. new markets, employee benefit plans, retirement plans, new operations, asset acquisitions, etc.
- Write the monthly business review of operations (MD&A), and lead monthly financial review meetings with the CEO and the members of the Board of Directors.
Accounting and Administration:
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the department to ensure proper maintenance of systems, function and timely inputs/outputs.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable Federal, state and local regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for management and the Board of Directors.
- Create human resource strategies by working collaboratively to determine accountabilities, metrics, policies and procedures, within each business function to drive organizational success.
- Implement recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, and communication programs, including the monitoring, appraising, and review of job contribution.
- Oversee employee benefit and compensation programs.
- Responsible for the leadership, governance, and management necessary to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company’s risk.
- Understand, highlight and translate the company’s liabilities to other members of the leadership team.
- Maintain appropriate insurance requirements for the organization.
- Manage and direct the IT function and IT systems.
- Maintain the IT department budgets and operational functionality throughout the order-to-cash and reporting processes.
- Align system utilization to user needs to improve efficiencies and reduce errors.
- The Controller Will Have the Following Attributes:
- Understand the advertising agency industry segment and business model; experience in the experiential space would be a plus.
- Excellent written, oral and PPT communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills.
- Desire and capability to educate employees on accounting policies, to communicate financial data in an understandable way, and to influence operational decisions based on the financial outlook.
- Demonstrated leadership ability, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Desire to work in an environment that is dynamic and demanding.
- Hands-on orientation with a strong work ethic.
- Understand the need to stay objective, and to think with sufficient gravitas.
- High level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency and results-orientation.
- A solid team player.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting/finance required.
- CPA preferred.
- Minimum 13 years of varied controllership experience.
- Experience in a senior financial role, partnering with senior management in decision-making.
- Working in a high-growth service company.
- Working with information technology to manage finance and accounting and the operations of the business.
- Strong process improvement and best practices implementation experience.
- Working with outsourced function service providers, i.e. payroll, human resources, IT, risk management, etc.
- Communicating with BOD and other external parties.
Other Skills and Abilities
- PC proficiency is essential (Windows and Mac environments) and Expert-Level hands-on with Excel, Access, Word and Power Point is a must.
- Experience configuring and using business analytical tools are a must.
- Experience with Workamajig would be a plus
- Competitive base salary supplemented by a performance oriented annual incentive plan.
About MELT, LLC
MELT, LLC is an Atlanta based fully-integrated marketing agency offering clients event/experiential marketing, brand strategy, sports property evaluation and activation, retail and consumer promotions, TV documentary-style shows, advertising, original content development with a focus in collegiate sports and entertainment. Clients include The Coca-Cola Company, NCAA, Kia, Gildan, Holiday Inn Express, The Georgia Lottery, and many others. Check us out at www.meltatl.com.
Send resume to email@example.com and specify Controller in the subject line, phone calls will not be accepted. Please provide salary requirements. MELT will contact qualified candidates if interested.