Director of Events & Experiential Marketing
Welcome to MELT
MELT is a full-service, integrated marketing agency with over a decade’s worth of experience navigating the collegiate athletic space on behalf of major brands. We create content, events and experiences at the highest levels in collegiate sports and beyond. We work hard, have fun, and produce award-winning work for our clients in the ever changing landscape of sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing. We are known for bringing Big Ideas to life for our clients. Join us and make your mark as we continue to innovate and produce world-class consumer experiences.
The MELT team is looking for an experienced, motivated, and dynamic Director of Events & Experiential Marketing to lead a variety of experiential programs across many different clients. This position will be accountable for leading projects through the entire event life cycle including strategic planning, implementation, execution and reconciliation of large-scale events for multiple clients within MELT’s portfolio of brands. The event life cycle can include concepting, briefing/debriefing, project plans, selecting/hiring vendor partners, venue relations, contract negotiations, on site leadership, client management, and project reconciliation. This position will manage a variety of third-party vendors and service providers, as well as other event staff.
- Manage event project details and handle multiple events including concepting, event planning, budgeting, timeline development, execution and recaps.
- Ability to manage work-flow and projects for direct reports.
- Drive client communication and support surrounding events including call reports, event activation overviews and tour routing documentation and event recaps.
- Develop and write presentations to support event experiential concepts, as well as related budgets.
- Tie into MELT Social Media to create opportunities for event content capture and sharing.
- Drive new business opportunities within client deck
- Work with multiple vendors for event execution assets including signage, premiums, and production elements.
- Lead procurement, development and operation for production elements (staging, lighting, sound, power, and structures).
- Oversee and manage event assets including vehicles, routing, and staffing.
- Ability to manage full-time and local staff including training and on-site management to provide a first-class event experience.
- Deliver consistent, high-quality documented results and project recaps.
- Provide insights into trends and new event activation technologies, experiences and suppliers.
- Strategic thinking
- Leadership skills
- Consumer marketing and communications
- Relationship management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strives in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Self- motivated and energetic
- Budget Development and Management
- 8+ years professional event and management experience with sports properties and/or major brands.
- Must possess initiative, decision-making skills and the judgment necessary to determine action or approach for live events and non-routine assignments and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team and manage staff.
- Knowledge and experience with sports/entertainment industries preferred.
- Experience in both business and presentation writing.
- Bachelors degree in related field required.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and outside the regular hours of operations and to travel when necessary.
- Must be based out of Atlanta
- No relocation provided
- Travel 40-50%+
- May include long hours and weekends around key program launches
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify Director of Events in the subject line, phone calls will not be accepted. Please provide salary requirements. MELT will contact qualified candidates if interested.