SENIOR EVENT MANAGER
Welcome to MELT
MELT is a full-service, integrated marketing agency with over a decade’s worth of experience navigating the collegiate athletic space on behalf of major brands. We create content, events and experiences at the highest levels in collegiate sports and beyond. We work hard, have fun, and produce award-winning work for our clients in the ever changing landscape of sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing. We are known for bringing Big Ideas to life for our clients. Join us and make your mark as we continue to innovate and produce world-class consumer experiences.
The MELT team is looking for an experienced, motivated, and dynamic Senior Event Manager. This position will be accountable for the entire event life cycle of planning, implementation, execution and reconciliation of large-scale events for multiple clients within MELT’s portfolio of brands. The event life cycle can include concepting, briefing/debriefing, project plans, selecting/hiring vendor partners, venue relations, contract negotiations, on site leadership, client management, and project reconciliation.
- Manage event project details and handle multiple events including concepting, event planning, budgeting, timeline development, execution and recaps.
- Drive client communication and support surrounding events including call reports, event activation overviews and tour routing documentation and event recaps.
- Develop and write presentations to support event experiential concepts, as well as related budgets.
- Tie into MELT Social Media to create opportunities for event content capture and sharing.
- Support project sweepstakes and data capture elements.
- Work with multiple vendors for event execution assets including signage, premiums, and production elements.
- Lead procurement, development and operation for production elements (staging, lighting, sound, power, and structures).
- Oversee tour footprint and assets including vehicles, routing, and staffing.
- Ability to manage local staff including training and on-site management to provide a first-class event experience.
- Deliver consistent, high-quality documented results and project recaps.
- Provide insights into trends and new event activation technologies, experiences and suppliers.
- Strategic thinking
- Consumer marketing and communications
- Relationship management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Strives in a fast-paced environment
- Detail oriented
- Self- motivated and energetic
- Budget Development and Management
- 5+ years professional event and tour management experience with sports properties and/or major brands.
- Must possess initiative, decision-making skills and the judgment necessary to determine action or approach for live events and non-routine assignments and projects.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as part of a team.
- Knowledge and experience with sports/entertainment industries preferred.
- Experience in both business and presentation writing.
- Bachelors degree in related field required.
- Available to work evenings, weekends and outside the regular hours of operations and to travel when necessary.
- Must be based out of Atlanta
- No relocation provided
- Travel 40-50%+
- May include long hours and weekends around key program launches
Send resume to email@example.com and specify Senior Event Manager in the subject line, phone calls will not be accepted. Please provide salary requirements. MELT will contact qualified candidates if interested.