STAFF ACCOUNTANT – FULL TIME
Welcome to MELT
MELT is a full-service, integrated marketing agency with over a decade’s worth of experience navigating the collegiate athletic space on behalf of major brands. We create content, events and experiences at the highest levels in collegiate sports and beyond. We work hard, have fun, and produce award-winning work for our clients in the ever changing landscape of sports, entertainment, and lifestyle marketing. We are known for bringing Big Ideas to life for our clients. Join us and make your mark as we continue to innovate and produce world-class consumer experiences.
The Staff Accountant will work under the supervision of the Controller. This role will maintain financial reports, records, and general ledgers as well as prepare and analyze budgets and perform general bookkeeping. This role will be responsible for activities such as: Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, Billing and Fixed Asset Accounting. A firm grasp of project accounting is required. The Staff Accountant will also perform administrative duties such as maintaining schedules, providing telephone support, filing, transcription and the production of forms.
A 40-hour workweek can be expected, with some weeks in excess of this. This is a project-oriented environment.
As a small but rapidly growing company in the creative advertising space, we are looking for an individual to help structure internal processes in order to continue to gain efficiency and profitability and scale to a larger size. This position, while reporting directly to the Controller, will have direct communications with department heads, the President, and the CEO.
The ideal candidate will have had experience in high growth companies and a desire for a culture that is dynamic and demanding. A strong sense of creativity and flexibility is required, as well as excellent business acumen and decision making skills.
- Works closely with the Controller to manage the company’s cash flow and profitability.
- Prepares reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules, collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; and informing the Controller of alternative plans of action.
- Prepares financial statements, business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, and/or reports required by regulatory agencies.
- Prepares financial information so that outside accountants can complete tax returns.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks, as needed.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Multi-tasks, establishing priorities and organizing efficiently.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required. Minimum 3+ years of varied financial accounting experience. This experience should include:
Expert Excel skills. Must know Excel formulas and functions.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills, with excellent communication skills and a keen ability to manage projects and processes across departments.
Validated ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
Requires excellent decision-making skills with the ability to influence various levels of management, using financial data.
Familiarity with Workamajig accounting software a plus.
A solid team-player is needed.
- Must be based out of Atlanta – No relocation provided
Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify Staff Accountant in the subject line, phone calls will not be accepted. Please provide salary requirements. MELT will contact qualified candidates if interested..