POWERADE Athletic Training Service Manager (ATSM)
Position Description and Accountability:
The MELT team is looking for an experienced, motivated and dynamic Athletic Training Service Manager (ATSM) for our POWERADE Business Unit. This individual is a conduit between all brand functional teams and our influencer community, composed of athletic trainers, strength and conditioning coaches and registered sports dietitians. The ATSM is on the front line for all locker room, training room and weight room intelligence related to hydration and sports nutrition, providing invaluable insights and perspective for the entire brand team. These insights provide the framework for our product, equipment and technological innovation, ensuring that our brand team has a full understanding of the latest trends within the athletic locker room. POWERADE ATSMs are considered the sport nutrition authority within the elite athlete community, enabling our brand to have a unique point of difference by providing a level of service well beyond our competition.
The ATSM role is directly responsible for managing all professional and elite university sports marketing contracted relationships with team/athlete influencers for the POWERADE brand throughout the assigned region. The ATSM will need to cultivate new elite team relationships, while enhancing our existing relationships.
The ATSM will serve as a subject matter expert, working closely with the POWERADE brand team to identify trends and needs that lead to development of new sports hydration products, new packaging concepts, equipment/delivery systems and new technology to track and recommend products for an elite athletes’ sports nutritional needs. Beyond close collaboration with the brand team, the ATSM will work with Coca-Cola account executives and marketing activation managers to ensure our sports partners receive the very best service from our company. The ideal candidate has a background in sports physiology and proven experience in either an elite athletic training room or weight room, along with a keen understanding of all areas of the locker room.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Develop and lead Best in Class Service Field Plan for all contracted properties. Best in Class Service to be defined as:
- Proactively and credibly deliver POWERADE product efficacy message across entire product portfolio and address efficacy claims.
- Proactively plan product and premium needs for upcoming athletic seasons.
- Manage team usage of POWERADE Equipment ordering and place orders in a timely fashion.
- Actively develop and relay product and equipment innovation ideas to the Brand team utilizing feedback from sports partners.
- Look opportunistically beyond the training/weight rooms to build relationships.
- Assist with the development of marketing materials in conjunction with Influencer Marketing with a focus on education, product efficacy and functional superiority.
- Help build pitches and responses to RFPs from potential partner schools
- Act as a subject matter expert on all POWERADE product innovations.
- Lead the activation of POWERADE University Summer Camp Hydration program at partner schools.
- Regional NATA and national professional organization representative.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of POWERADE product efficacy, exercise physiology and sports nutrition.
- Experience in and around an athletic training room, locker room and weight room.
- Knowledge in athletic training room and weight room economics, product and supplement usage and procurement for athlete consumption.
- Knowledge and understanding of issues, trends and developments within the athletic training, strength coach and nutrition communities at the pro and collegiate levels.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong business relationships, build consensus and influence business partners.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-7 years of experience as an athletic trainer, strength and conditioning coach or sports dietitian. A master’s degree with strong school or team experience is preferred.
- Credentialed by a recognized professional organization including, but not limited to, ATC, CSCS, SCCC, RD or CSSD.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently – high sense of urgency and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Excellent project management, multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- History of working with large corporations is preferred.
- Ability to lead and work well within a team environment.
- Strong conceptual and strategic thinker.
- Creative skills with the ability to problem solve, seek alternative solutions and generate fresh ideas.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including both tact and positioning.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and keen attention to detail.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
About MELT, LLC.:
MELT, LLC is an Atlanta based fully-integrated marketing agency offering clients event/experiential marketing, brand strategy, sports property evaluation and activation, retail and consumer promotions, TV documentary-style shows, advertising, original content development and digital/social media. MELT represents major consumer brands and corporations with a focus in collegiate sports and entertainment. Clients include The Coca-Cola Company, Holiday Inn Express, Kia, Gildan, Popeye’s and ESPN. Check us out at www.meltatl.com.
Send resume to email@example.com and specify POWERADE Athletic Training Service Manager in the subject line, phone calls will not be accepted. Please provide salary requirements. MELT will contact qualified candidates if interested.