ATLANTA, GA – May 7, 2019 – MELT, the award-winning sports, entertainment, culinary and esports marketing agency, recapped today the weekend appearances of the world-famous “The San Diego Famous Chicken”, aka, Ted Giannoulas, to unveil, on behalf of their client Wingstop, a chain of new Wingstop stores in the San Diego, CA area. The excitement was anchored by the 2019 San Diego Cinco De Mayo festival.
Wingstop (WING – NASDAQ), is a Dallas-based restaurant chain serving the freshest wings, sauces, and fries in the country. MELT has been working with Wingstop for nearly a year on their event, experiential and sampling efforts including this past weekend’s appearances in San Diego.
To introduce Wingstop to fellow San Diegans, “The Famous Chicken” proudly proclaimed his affinity for the brand’s wings during the multi-day sampling tour where thousands of Wingstop wings were proudly consumed, tasted and sampled. The sampling truck even ran out of wings.
When asked about his favorite flavor of Wingstop wings, The Famous Chicken simply replied “cluck, cluck” expressing his approval. The Famous Chicken demurred when asked if there were future appearances on the horizon for Wingstop at future fairs, festivals, and events.
“We love working with our great friends and clients over at Wingstop,” said MELT Chairman and CEO Vince Thompson. “They allow us to push the boundaries on ideas and I’m proud of my team for coming up with The San Diego Chicken. It’s an example of world-class thinking, big ideas, and execution!”
Founded by CEO Vince Thompson in 2000, MELT, LLC, is an Atlanta based fully-integrated sports, esports, entertainment culinary and lifestyle marketing agency offering clients advertising, original content development, digital, social media, event and experiential marketing, retail and consumer promotions, brand strategy and sports property evaluation and activation. MELT continues a hot-streak in the marketing industry and industry awards as this is their 13th award or nomination since 2017 including:
- 2019 Bronze Stevie Award (American Business Awards) – Company of the Year: Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations
- 2019 Drum Marketing Awards USA Finalist- Best Event/Experiential Strategy: MELT & IHG’s Avid Hotels Pop-Up Tour
- 2019 Interactive Marketing Awards – Shortlist
- Best Social Media Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola College Gameday Snapchat
- Best Influencer/ Outreach Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola Company Valser Influencer Strategy
- 2019 Atlanta Magazine – Top 500 Business Leaders: Vince Thompson
- 2018 BizBash500 List – Top 500 People in Events: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Event Marketer Top 100 “It List”- Top 100 Agencies
- 2018 Atlanta Business Chronicle Most Admired CEO: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Silver Stevie Award- Brand Experience of the Year- Consumer: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2018 PR News and Social Media Award- Best Use of Filter (Snapchat): Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Social Good Influencers- Honorable Mention: MELT University
- 2018 Cynopsis Sports Media Award – Honorable Mention for Use of Snapchat: Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Shopper Marketing Effie Award – Multi-Brand/Manufacturer Shopper Solution: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez, & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2017 Experience Design and Technology Awards- Best Permanent or Pop-Up Retail Experience: The Coca-Cola Kitchen
- 2017 Stevie (American Business Awards) – Marketing/Advertising Agency of the Year