MELT AND THE COCA-COLA COMPANY NAMED FINALISTS FOR PRESTIGIOUS 11TH ANNUAL SHORTY AWARDS; NOMINATION IN SNAPCHAT CATEGORY FOR 2018 ESPN COLLEGE GAMEDAY BITMOJI FILTER CAMPAIGN
ATLANTA, GA – March 26, 2019 – MELT (www.meltatl.com), the Atlanta-based, award-winning sports, entertainment, culinary, lifestyle and esports marketing agency announced today that they and their client, The Coca-Cola Company have been named finalists for the prestigious 11th Annual Shorty Awards. They are nominated in the Snapchat Category for MELT’s 2018 ESPN College GameDay Bitmoji Filter Campaign.
The Shorty Awards, now in its 11th year, were the first awards show to honor social media. By constantly evolving along with the changing landscape of social media, The Shorty’s remains the most prominent award show of its kind. The Shorty Awards continue to recognize the most influential, popular, and culturally relevant brands, organizations, agencies, campaigns and influencers across social media.
Brand and organization winners will be announced leading up to and during the awards ceremony on May 5th, 2019 at the PlayStation Theatre in New York City.
Finalists were selected by members of the Real Time Academy of Short Form Arts & Sciences, comprised of luminaries from advertising, media, entertainment and technology. Members of the Academy include Rosemary Mercedes, (EVP & Chief Communications Officer, Univision), Tony Weisman (Chief Marketing Officer, Dunkin’ Brands), Matthew Digirolamo (Chief Communications Officer, L’Oreal), Rebecca Messina (Global Chief Marketing Officer, Uber), and Lilian Tomovich (Chief Experience & Marketing Officer, MGM Resorts International), among others.
Gregory Galant, co-founder of the Shorty Awards and CEO of MuckRack, said in a statement, “The entries this year were the most diverse yet. The judges from our academy were very excited. Long-Form Videos (anything two minutes or more qualifies) continue to grow in popularity. It was one our three most-entered categories this year, alongside Storytelling and Comedy Video. Storytelling plays an essential role in the way brands communicate with their audience. The audience becomes more engaged and invested in the brand.”
MELT is up against Fuggler’s “Adopt At Your Own Risk” campaign and Illumination, Universal Pictures and Essence Global’s campaign for “The Grinch” in the Snapchat campaign category.
MELT has represented The Coca-Cola Company for more than 18 years including the activation of 17 NCAA Final Four Tournaments and 6 ESPN College GameDay seasons. In the past few years digital and social media has become an essential part of every activation, making it a prominent strategy in each of these properties.
Leveraging Snapchat’s Bitmoji integration, MELT created custom Bitmoji avatars for ESPN’s College Gameday Talent as well as custom University-themed artwork to create Snapchat Filters for each stop on the tour. Coca-Cola’s wide range of existing assets made this campaign extremely relevant and fun for fans to engage with. Fans could post their own photos using the filters, that featured popular campus spots or beloved mascots. Iconic ESPN College Gameday Desk and Talent was recognizable in an art format, putting a unique Coca-Cola spin on the asset. MELT’s artists and graphic designers created unique filters each week, making them special to each audience.
MELT’s Social Media team continues to lead the sports marketing industry standard for clients such as the recent grand-opening of Cam Newton’s “Fellaship” Members-only Cigar Club during Super Bowl 53 ; the introduction of Frank “The Big Hurt” Thomas’s 404 Vodka; Corky’s BBQ and many, many others.
“I’m so excited for and proud of our social and digital media team,” said MELT Founder, Chairman, and CEO Vince Thompson. “Social Media is booming right now and will continue to be an integral part of everything we do at MELT.”
MELT continues a hot-streak in the marketing industry and industry awards as this is their 14th award or nomination since 2017 including:
- 11th Annual Shorty Awards – Finalist, Snapchat Category: 2018 ESPN College GameDay Bitmoii Filter Campaign
- 2019 Drum Marketing Awards USA Finalist- Best Event/Experiential Strategy: MELT & IHG’s Avid Hotels Pop-Up Tour
- 2019 Interactive Marketing Awards – Shortlist
- Best Social Media Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola College Gameday Snapchat
- Best Influencer/ Outreach Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola Company Valser Influencer Strategy
- 2019 Atlanta Magazine- Top 500 Business Leaders: Vince Thompson
- 2018 BizBash500 List- Top 500 People in Events: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Event Marketer Top 100 “It List”- Top 100 Agencies
- 2018 Atlanta Business Chronicle Most Admired CEO: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Silver Stevie Award- Brand Experience of the Year- Consumer: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s. Mondelez & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2018 PR News and Social Media Award- Best Use of Filter (Snapchat): Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Social Good Influencers- Honorable Mention: MELT University
- 2018 Cynopsis Sports Media Award- Honorable Mention for Use of Snapchat: Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Shopper Marketing Effie Award- Multi-Brand/Manufacturer Shopper Solution: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez, & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2017 Experience Design and Technology Awards- Best Permanent or Pop-Up Retail Experience: The Coca-Cola Kitchen
- 2017 Stevie (American Business Awards)- Marketing/Advertising Agency of the Year
“MELT has had a great, longstanding relationship with The Coca-Cola Company and their leaders for many years,” said Thompson. “We’re going on our 7th year doing ESPN College GameDay. It’s a property and project that’s always been a passion point.”
Founded by CEO Vince Thompson in 2000, MELT, LLC, is an Atlanta based fully-integrated sports, esports, entertainment culinary and lifestyle marketing agency offering clients advertising, original content development, digital, social media, event and experiential marketing, retail and consumer promotions, brand strategy and sports property evaluation and activation. MELT has won and been nominated for numerous awards; Interactive 2019 Marketing Awards, 2018 BizBash Top 500 People in Events, Atlanta Business Chronicle 2018 Most Admired CEO, Event Marketer’s 100 “IT” List, 2018 American Business, 2018 Shopper Marketing Effie, 2018 PR News Social Media, 2018 Cynopsis Sports Media, 2018 Cynopsis Social Good, 2017 Event Marketer, 2017 and 2015 ABA Agency of The Year, 2015 Cynopsis Social Good, 2014 Cynopsis Brand Marketer, Event Marketer EX Award, Biz Bash Top 50 Event Producer and Adweek Buzz Award. Check us out at www.meltatl.com, or on social media.