ATLANTA, GA….MELT (WWW.MELTATL.COM) released today’s newest videocast hosted by MELT Founder, Chairman and CEO Vince Thompson entitled “What if Bronny James Decides to Sign with an HBCU School?” The MELTDOWN is a weekly videocast focusing on major sports and college sports business issues and “Hot Takes” of the day. MELT is one of the nation’s largest independent sports marketing agencies, including its 20-year representation of The Coca-Cola Company, AFLAC, and other major corporations.
In this week’s MELTDOWN, Thompson covers the following topics:
- Who is Bronny James, and why he is the leading athlete of the next generation
- Why would he consider a move to an HBCU school
- This could set off an avalanche of 5-star recruits in football and basketball signing with HBCU schools.
- How his father LeBron James, his business partners, and their new media platforms could be the next holders and bidders for collegiate sports marketing rights
- How this could form, shape, and influence major media networks jumping in this rights game too.
- How significant sponsors could and would shift their marketing dollars into this pursuit
- How this could influence the next generation of student-athletes and African-American executives in professional sports and college sports business
- How the recent #weareunited and #wewanttoplay movement featuring Clemson quarterback Trevor Lawrence and Ohio State quarterback Justin Fields could be the tip of the iceberg in a new social change among college athletes
“This is a fascinating topic that I’ve wanted to unpack for a very long time,” said Thompson. “I’ve always been a big fan of HBCU schools, and I believe it’s way overdue to examine this and its potential impact.” Vince Thompson
It’s a high-powered sports marketing agency that’s based in Atlanta and works with the world’s biggest brands, teams, and events. MELT, which I founded in 2000, has become one of the nation’s leading sports marketing agencies, including a 20-year representation of The Coca-Cola Company, the activation of 17 (would have been 18) consecutive Final Fours, seven seasons of ESPN College GameDay, AFLAC’s sponsorship of The Southeastern Conference (SEC) and much more. We have won a collective 20 industry awards since 2017, including CEO of The Year, Event Marketer IT list of Top 100 Event Marketing Agencies, Chief Marketer’s Top 200 agencies, and many more. MELT and I sit in a unique position in the sports and college sports marketplace, offering insight into the significant business issues in sports and college sports.
What’s MELT U?
It’s a one-of-a-kind virtual internship program offering a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore the world of sports marketing. This Summer MELT U educated 1,100 students with 50 podcasts of industry leaders, live Lunch & Learns from my upcoming book, “Build Brand YOU.” MELT U will now extend the offerings to be year-round and to include newsletters, video series, seminars, student-athlete branding, and much more.
FOLLOW VINCE ON SOCIAL MEDIA