FORMER US AND BRITISH AMATEUR CHAMPION, CBS/ABC GOLF ANNOUNCER AND INVESTMENT BANKER STEVE MELNYK NAMED MELT CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER
ATLANTA, GA – January 6, 2020 – MELT (www.meltatl.com), the award-winning sports, entertainment, culinary, event, and experiential marketing agency today named former US and British Amateur Champion, CBS/ABC golf announcer and investment banker Steve Melnyk as its Chief Growth Officer.
In this new role, Melnyk will help lead MELT’s new business efforts, acquisitions, and new and emerging ventures. With so much change in the collegiate sports marketing landscape including Name, Image, and Likeness (NIL), CBS foregoing its long-time SEC relationship and speculation that the Power 5 conferences will break away from the NCAA, Melnyk’s role and presence will be an important new addition to MELT. Melnyk was also a former President of Gator Boosters and a long-time member of The University of Florida Athletic Association Board of Directors.
MELT, founded by its Chairman and CEO Vince Thompson, has become one of the nation’s largest independent sports, culinary, event, and experiential marketing agencies. This includes MELT’s 19-year representation of The Coca-Cola Company activating 17 consecutive Final Fours and seven consecutive seasons of ESPN College GameDay. MELT also produced AFLAC’s most recent campaign for The Southeastern Conference and Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban. Thompson also makes frequent appearances on The Paul Finebaum Show where the duo discusses collegiate sports business issues. Since 2017 MELT has won 18 sports and event marketing industry awards including being recently named to Chief Marketer Magazine’s Top 200 Marketing Agencies in the country.
“I’m delighted that Steve is joining the MELT team,” said Thompson. “He brings so much knowledge, credibility and relationships in the marketplace and I look forward to the potential long-term positive impact on our entire organization.”
Atlanta Business Chronicle also announced this amazing news, check out their article here.
Founded by CEO Vince Thompson in 2000, MELT, LLC, is an Atlanta based fully-integrated sports, esports, entertainment culinary and lifestyle marketing agency offering clients advertising, original content development, digital, social media, event and experiential marketing, retail and consumer promotions, brand strategy and sports property evaluation and activation. MELT has won or has been nominated for the following industry awards since 2017:
- 2019 C2A Creative Communication Award
- 2019 BizBash Top 1,000 People in the U.S. Event Industry
- 2019 Bronze Stevie Award (American Business Awards) – Company of the Year: Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations
- 2019 Drum Marketing Awards USA Finalist- Best Event/Experiential Strategy: MELT & IHG’s Avid Hotels Pop-Up Tour
- 2019 Interactive Marketing Awards – Shortlist
- Best Social Media Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola College Gameday Snapchat
- Best Influencer/ Outreach Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola Company Valser Influencer Strategy
- 2019 Atlanta Magazine – Top 500 Business Leaders: Vince Thompson
- 2018 BizBash500 List – Top 500 People in Events: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Event Marketer Top 100 “It List”- Top 100 Agencies
- 2018 Atlanta Business Chronicle Most Admired CEO: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Silver Stevie Award- Brand Experience of the Year- Consumer: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2018 PR News and Social Media Award- Best Use of Filter (Snapchat): Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Social Good Influencers- Honorable Mention: MELT University
- 2018 Cynopsis Sports Media Award – Honorable Mention for Use of Snapchat: Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Shopper Marketing Effie Award – Multi-Brand/Manufacturer Shopper Solution: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez, & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2017 Experience Design and Technology Awards- Best Permanent or Pop-Up Retail Experience: The Coca-Cola Kitchen
- 2017 Stevie (American Business Awards) – Marketing/Advertising Agency of the Year