MELT FOUNDER, CHAIRMAN AND CEO VINCE THOMPSON AGAIN IS NAMED TO THE 2020 ATLANTA MAGAZINE 500 MOST POWERFUL BUSINESS LEADERS RANKING; OTHERS INCLUDE FORMER PRESIDENT JIMMY CARTER, GEORGIA GOVERNOR BRIAN KEMP AND UNITED STATES SENATORS DAVID PERDUE AND KELLY LOEFFLER; RECOGNITION EVENT TO BE HELD JANUARY 30
ATLANTA, GA – January 7, 2020 – MELT (www.meltatl.com), the award-winning sports, culinary, event, and experiential marketing agency announced today that its Founder, Chairman, and CEO Vince Thompson has once again been named to the 2020 Atlanta Magazine 500 Most Powerful Business Leaders in Atlanta. Thompson was also named to the 2019 list.
Thompson, who founded MELT in 2000, has built one of the nation’s largest independent sports, culinary, event, and experiential marketing agencies. This includes MELT’s 19-year representation of The Coca-Cola Company activating 17 consecutive Final Fours and seven consecutive seasons of ESPN College GameDay. Other MELT clients include AFLAC, Intercontinental Hotel Group, Kia and others.
Other leaders named to the list include: former Atlanta Brave Hank Aaron, Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms, Atlanta Falcons Owner Arthur Blank, Former President Jimmy Carter, Chick-Fil-A Chairman Dan Cathy, Coca-Cola North America President Jim Dinkins, Georgia Governor Brian Kemp, Atlanta Hawks CEO Steve Koonin, United States Senators David Perdue and Kelly Loeffler, former Augusta National Chairman Billy Payne, former Atlanta Hawk Dominique Wilkins, and Turner Broadcasting Founder Ted Turner. The recognition event will be held on January 30.
“I’m honored to once again be named to this prestigious list with such amazing leaders,” said Thompson. “It’s a tribute to the entire MELT team to be recognized by Atlanta Magazine.”
Founded by CEO Vince Thompson in 2000, MELT, LLC, is an Atlanta based fully-integrated sports, esports, entertainment culinary and lifestyle marketing agency offering clients advertising, original content development, digital, social media, event and experiential marketing, retail and consumer promotions, brand strategy and sports property evaluation and activation. MELT has won or has been nominated for the following industry awards since 2017:
- 2019 C2A Creative Communication Award
- 2019 BizBash Top 1,000 People in the U.S. Event Industry
- 2019 Bronze Stevie Award (American Business Awards) – Company of the Year: Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations
- 2019 Drum Marketing Awards USA Finalist- Best Event/Experiential Strategy: MELT & IHG’s Avid Hotels Pop-Up Tour
- 2019 Interactive Marketing Awards – Shortlist
- Best Social Media Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola College Gameday Snapchat
- Best Influencer/ Outreach Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola Company Valser Influencer Strategy
- 2019 Atlanta Magazine – Top 500 Business Leaders: Vince Thompson
- 2018 BizBash500 List – Top 500 People in Events: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Event Marketer Top 100 “It List”- Top 100 Agencies
- 2018 Atlanta Business Chronicle Most Admired CEO: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Silver Stevie Award- Brand Experience of the Year- Consumer: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2018 PR News and Social Media Award- Best Use of Filter (Snapchat): Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Social Good Influencers- Honorable Mention: MELT University
- 2018 Cynopsis Sports Media Award – Honorable Mention for Use of Snapchat: Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Shopper Marketing Effie Award – Multi-Brand/Manufacturer Shopper Solution: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez, & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2017 Experience Design and Technology Awards- Best Permanent or Pop-Up Retail Experience: The Coca-Cola Kitchen
- 2017 Stevie (American Business Awards) – Marketing/Advertising Agency of the Year