ATLANTA, GA – September 26, 2019 – MELT (www.meltatl.com), announced today that its Founder, Chairman, and CEO Vince Thompson and other MELT employees and Auburn alumni will participate in today’s Auburn University College of Liberal Arts (CLA) annual Career Day designed to assist aspiring graduates and students of CLA with future professional and job opportunities.
Thompson will be joined by fellow Auburn alums and current MELT employees including former Miss Auburn Lauren Jordan, Tristan Watson, Ellis Baxter, Julia Simon, and Jordan Muschamp. Other companies expected to participate include Fox Sports, Turner Broadcasting and many others.
Thompson, a 1984 graduate of the CLA, founded MELT in 2000. Thompson has built MELT into one of the nation’s largest independent full-service sports, entertainment, and culinary marketing agencies. This includes MELT’s 19-year representation of The Coca-Cola Company, the activation of 17 straight Final 4s, the activation of seven straight seasons of ESPN College GameDay and the national and SEC campaign launch for its newest client, AFLAC. MELT has won 17 industry awards in the past two years including Thompson being named CEO of The Year by The Atlanta Business Chronicle, The Atlanta Magazine’s list of Atlanta’s Most Powerful 500 people and being named by The Sports Business Journal as a “Power Player” in collegiate sports business.
Thompson, based on his experience as a student assistant in the Sports Information Department also started one of the nation’s most successful sports marketing internship program, MELT University, that this past summer graduated 37 students from 21 universities, including many students from Auburn University CLA.
“I owe much of my professional success to Auburn University and The College of Liberal Arts,” said Thompson. “To be able to come back and help with the students who are the future of sports marketing is really a dream come true.”
Founded by CEO Vince Thompson in 2000, MELT, LLC, is an Atlanta based fully-integrated sports, esports, entertainment culinary and lifestyle marketing agency offering clients advertising, original content development, digital, social media, event and experiential marketing, retail and consumer promotions, brand strategy and sports property evaluation and activation. MELT has won or has been nominated for the following industry awards since 2017:
- 2019 Bronze Stevie Award (American Business Awards) – Company of the Year: Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations
- 2019 Drum Marketing Awards USA Finalist- Best Event/Experiential Strategy: MELT & IHG’s Avid Hotels Pop-Up Tour
- 2019 Interactive Marketing Awards – Shortlist
- Best Social Media Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola College Gameday Snapchat
- Best Influencer/ Outreach Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola Company Valser Influencer Strategy
- 2019 Atlanta Magazine – Top 500 Business Leaders: Vince Thompson
- 2018 BizBash500 List – Top 500 People in Events: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Event Marketer Top 100 “It List”- Top 100 Agencies
- 2018 Atlanta Business Chronicle Most Admired CEO: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Silver Stevie Award- Brand Experience of the Year- Consumer: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2018 PR News and Social Media Award- Best Use of Filter (Snapchat): Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Social Good Influencers- Honorable Mention: MELT University
- 2018 Cynopsis Sports Media Award – Honorable Mention for Use of Snapchat: Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Shopper Marketing Effie Award – Multi-Brand/Manufacturer Shopper Solution: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez, & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2017 Experience Design and Technology Awards- Best Permanent or Pop-Up Retail Experience: The Coca-Cola Kitchen
- 2017 Stevie (American Business Awards) – Marketing/Advertising Agency of the Year