MELT FOUNDER, CHAIRMAN AND CEO VINCE THOMPSON TO HOST PANEL DISCUSSION AT MAJOR ESPORTS SUMMIT TAKING PLACE IN ATLANTA TODAY; PANEL TOPIC IS “THE GREAT COLLIDE: EXPLORING THE INTERSECTION OF SPORTS & ESPORTS”
ATLANTA, GA – November 15, 2019 – MELT (www.meltatl.com), the award-winning sports, entertainment, and culinary marketing agency announced today that its Founder, Chairman, and CEO Vince Thompson will host a panel discussion at today’s 2019 esports Summit Presented by Skillshot at The Georgia World Congress Center. The panel discussion is titled “The Great Collide: Exploring The Intersection of Sports & Esports.” The panel will also feature an all-star cast of participants including the World Poker Tour Founder and Gamers.Vote; Managing Director Steve Lipscomb; Director of Corporate Partnerships for The Atlanta Hawks Talon Stewart Tanner; Chief Performance Engineer of Statespace Taylor Johnson and Moritz Maurer, and the CEO Co-founder of GRID esports.
Other participants in this two-day event include Twitch co-founder Kevin Lin, Major League Gaming co-founder Sundance Digiavanni, Turner Sports Vice President of esports Jennifer Dill and Bart Koenigsberg of Google.
Esports has exploded on the scene globally and in the United States over the past decade. Alpharetta-based Hi-Rez and Skillshot have been a big driver of this phenomenon. Atlanta-based Cox Enterprises also recently purchased an Overwatch League franchise and Turner Sports formed their eLeague several years ago, so Atlanta is certainly becoming a hot-bed for esports.
“I’m honored to be hosting this panel with so many great experts in the esports space,” said Thompson. “MELT has been at the forefront of the sponsorship efforts in esports and proud to be included in this summit.”
Founded by CEO Vince Thompson in 2000, MELT, LLC, is an Atlanta based fully-integrated sports, esports, entertainment culinary and lifestyle marketing agency offering clients advertising, original content development, digital, social media, event and experiential marketing, retail and consumer promotions, brand strategy and sports property evaluation and activation. MELT has won or has been nominated for the following industry awards since 2017:
- 2019 C2A Creative Communication Award
- 2019 BizBash Top 1,000 People in the U.S. Event Industry
- 2019 Bronze Stevie Award (American Business Awards) – Company of the Year: Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations
- 2019 Drum Marketing Awards USA Finalist- Best Event/Experiential Strategy: MELT & IHG’s Avid Hotels Pop-Up Tour
- 2019 Interactive Marketing Awards – Shortlist
- Best Social Media Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola College Gameday Snapchat
- Best Influencer/ Outreach Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola Company Valser Influencer Strategy
- 2019 Atlanta Magazine – Top 500 Business Leaders: Vince Thompson
- 2018 BizBash500 List – Top 500 People in Events: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Event Marketer Top 100 “It List”- Top 100 Agencies
- 2018 Atlanta Business Chronicle Most Admired CEO: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Silver Stevie Award- Brand Experience of the Year- Consumer: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2018 PR News and Social Media Award- Best Use of Filter (Snapchat): Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Social Good Influencers- Honorable Mention: MELT University
- 2018 Cynopsis Sports Media Award – Honorable Mention for Use of Snapchat: Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Shopper Marketing Effie Award – Multi-Brand/Manufacturer Shopper Solution: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez, & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2017 Experience Design and Technology Awards- Best Permanent or Pop-Up Retail Experience: The Coca-Cola Kitchen
- 2017 Stevie (American Business Awards) – Marketing/Advertising Agency of the Year