ATLANTA, GA – May 06, 2019 – Friends and family of MELT’s long-time teammate and employee Amber Bruce announced today a GoFundMe page to assist with her with defraying medical expenses from a major spinal cord injury she suffered on January 31, 2019.
Amber has been an account executive with MELT for many years and has worked on many projects on behalf of MELT and The Coca-Cola Company, including multiple NCAA Final Fours and ESPN College GameDay seasons. On the 31st of January, she suffered a break in the C5/C6 of her spinal cord during a fall in her Atlanta home as she prepared for her work day. Life-saving surgeries were performed at Atlanta’s Grady Hospital and her subsequent care and rehabilitation have been at the world-acclaimed Shepard Center in Atlanta. As Amber continues to heal and recover from her injuries, she is bound to a wheel-chair. She has now moved back to her home with fiancé Carson and continues to receive extensive outpatient rehabilitation therapy.
The funds contributed to Amber will go to assist in her in-home medical care; an electric wheelchair and ADA-compliant home upgrades.
“Amber has been such an important part of the MELT team for many years and will continue to be,” said MELT Chairman/CEO Vince Thompson. “We want to ensure that we do all we can to help and to let all of her friends and clients know that we support her on every step of her recovery process.”
Founded by CEO Vince Thompson in 2000, MELT, LLC, is an Atlanta based fully-integrated sports, esports, entertainment culinary and lifestyle marketing agency offering clients advertising, original content development, digital, social media, event and experiential marketing, retail and consumer promotions, brand strategy and sports property evaluation and activation. MELT continues a hot-streak in the marketing industry and industry awards as this is their 13th award or nomination since 2017 including:
- 2019 Bronze Stevie Award (American Business Awards) – Company of the Year: Advertising, Marketing & Public Relations
- 2019 Drum Marketing Awards USA Finalist- Best Event/Experiential Strategy: MELT & IHG’s Avid Hotels Pop-Up Tour
- 2019 Interactive Marketing Awards – Shortlist
- Best Social Media Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola College Gameday Snapchat
- Best Influencer/ Outreach Campaign: MELT & Coca-Cola Company Valser Influencer Strategy
- 2019 Atlanta Magazine – Top 500 Business Leaders: Vince Thompson
- 2018 BizBash500 List – Top 500 People in Events: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Event Marketer Top 100 “It List”- Top 100 Agencies
- 2018 Atlanta Business Chronicle Most Admired CEO: Vince Thompson
- 2018 Silver Stevie Award- Brand Experience of the Year- Consumer: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2018 PR News and Social Media Award- Best Use of Filter (Snapchat): Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Social Good Influencers- Honorable Mention: MELT University
- 2018 Cynopsis Sports Media Award – Honorable Mention for Use of Snapchat: Coca-Cola ESPN College Gameday
- 2018 Shopper Marketing Effie Award – Multi-Brand/Manufacturer Shopper Solution: Taste of the Tournament for Kroger, Hershey’s, Mondelez, & The Coca-Cola Company
- 2017 Experience Design and Technology Awards- Best Permanent or Pop-Up Retail Experience: The Coca-Cola Kitchen
- 2017 Stevie (American Business Awards) – Marketing/Advertising Agency of the Year